Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Love and Songs

"When words fail, music speaks!"

My life has been a constant battle between fighting for what I feel and what is right. Oftentimes I made bad choices and exhaust myself of thinking the "what could have been's, however I never regret anything I have done in the past, may it have been a good or a bad choice.

As I was listening to random songs, I realized that I could sum up the story of my life in three songs. Let me start with the first song. This is a song sang by Up Dharma Down entitled Indak. My first interpretation of the song is about a person who is on a dull relationship and is having an extra affair with someone else. Listening to the song over and over again I come up with a different understanding. The song has something to do with a person who is trying to make a stand for herself. It's a story of someone who is having a heart and mind discord. It's a story of a person who knows what to do but is confuse whether she is going to follow her heart who knows how she feels or her mind who knows what is right. The persona on the song is someone who is ready to take the risk but is too afraid of getting it hurt. In the end the she decided to follow her heart and eventually forgot to think logically.

The second song I believe that soothes me would be another UDD song entitled Anino. The reason why I like this song to be a part of me because it describes my current state(wink). Kidding aside, the song has a deep meaning. It's a story of a person who eventually got tired after making a lot of bad decisions. It's a perspective of a person who realized she only has herself to depend upon. The story has something to do with a person who realized that nowadays not only promises are broken but even pinky swears.

The third song to sum up my life would be Will you ever Learn by Typecast. My interpretation of the song is about a person who only thinks about himself. Once in our lives we will meet a person who is a lot like this. Selfish. People who would do nothing but pull you down. You are willing to give your everything to them but they are not. The story of the song is about a person who is willing to sacrifice but is expecting the other person to learn and change. Unfortunately, you can't change people overnight. They say love changes people, the truth is they don't change,they only realize.

Songs can be generic, but its meaning changes depending on how you understand it. How about you? How do you understand these songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment